Dr. Chukwuma Egwim currently serves as the Director of Post-Acute Care at the Houston Methodist Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation. He joined the Liver Associates of Texas, PA in 2008 and is a Clinical instructor at the Baylor College of Medicine.
He obtained his M.D. degree from University of Nigeria College of Medicine. He completed his Internal Medicine internship and residency at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland (University of Maryland affiliate) and subsequently completed Transplant Hepatology and Gastroenterology fellowships at the University of Texas at Houston in 2008. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology.
He is currently involved in numerous clinical trials for Hepatitis C and Fatty liver disease therapy. He has also authored numerous papers and abstracts in the field of liver and digestive disease and is a member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
Selected Professional Activity
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology, and Transplant Hepatology
- Member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- Liver diseases
- Clinical trials in antiviral therapy for treatment of Hepatitis B and C
- Fatty liver
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Transplantation
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology— University of Texas / MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Fellowship in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation — University of Texas at Houston Medical School
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine — Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)University of Nigeria College of Medicine, Enugu, Nigeria