Dr. Victor Ankoma-Sey, is the Director of the Liver Transplant Program at Houston Methodist Hospital. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology. He is an American Gastroenterological Association Fellow and a member of several medical associations including the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
He obtained his M.D. degree from the University of Ghana Medical School. Following his medical internship and residency at the Johns Hopkins Affiliate Program at the Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, he completed his Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship training at the University of California, San Francisco.
Selected Professional Activity
- Board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology
- American Gastroenterological Association Fellow.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, Member of the Development Committee
- Liver diseases
- Clinical trials in antiviral therapy for treatment of Hepatitis B and C
- Fatty liver
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Liver Transplantation
- Internal Medicine Residency – Good Samaritan Hospital, Johns Hopkins affiliate, Baltimore, MD
- Gastroenterology/Hepatology Fellowship (Research Track) – University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- University of Ghana Medical School – M.D. Korle-Bu, Teaching Hospital, Accra, Ghana