AGE BASED: Anyone between the years 1945 to 1965 should be screened automatically.
Currently or in the past, have you …
- Had a blood transfusion prior to 1992? Or had any blood products prior to 1987?
- Experienced chronic fatigue or tiredness for which your doctor was unable to find an explanation?
- Had surgery, including oral surgery prior to 1992?
- Been diagnosed as HIV-positive?
- Had a tattoo? Had body piercing? (Done outside the United States or in prison / ink was not
individually wrapped / more than 10 yrs ago)
- Served in the military? (Especially Vietnam or Korea)
- Been in prison?
- Injected drugs or inhaled cocaine even once or many years ago?
- Had risky sex behaviors? (multiple partners, MSM (men having sex with men)
- Had unprotected sex with anybody who would fit the above descriptions?
- Individuals with chronically elevated ALT or AST lab tests?
- Shared razors, toothbrushes, or personal hygiene items with someone infected with hepatitis?
- Been exposed because your mother had or may have had hepatitis B or C when you were born?
- Know that any of the above categories apply to a member of your immediate family, or has a
member of your immediate family been diagnosed with hepatitis B or hepatitis C?
- Worked in an area or been in contact with blood, blood products, or needles*? (* ie: Health care
workers, beauticians, Botox parties, etc.)
To view testing sites find your county below